If you would like a higher baudrate connection through QGC or Mission Planner, you will need to turn off the Teal software on the TX1 that communicates with the flight controller and modify the socat script.
1. Connect a computer to the drone’s wifi.
2. Open up a SSH session on 10.42.0.1 port 22.
User Name: tealdrone
3. Turn off tealflightd.service with
sudo systemctl disable tealflightd.service
4. Modify the socat startup script with
sudo nano /opt/teal/sbin/qgroundcontrolsocat.sh
5. Replace the socat command with this:
sudo /usr/bin/socat -d -d UDP-LISTEN:14550 /dev/ttyTHS2,nonblock,raw,echo=0,waitlock=/var/run/ttyLock,min=0,crtscts=1,b921600
After you do that, the Teal phone apps won’t be able to fly the drone anymore, but the connection to QGC or Mission Planner will be faster.
Undo the commands and re-enable tealflightd.service to fly with the phone again.